[Therion] FYI - scrap is too large to process in metapost in this scale - maximal scale for this scrap is

Bruce Mutton bruce at tomo.co.nz
Fri Mar 8 20:28:22 CET 2019

Possibly, but probably not, related to the issues with coordinates, that
seem to be resolved just now with eddb4c3.

I have one thconfig file, (in amongst a large project with many thconfigs
that work just fine), with a mysterious scale related error.  I suspect this
must be of my own making, and not a Therion bug.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Therion\therion.exe: error -- scrap
RiwakaResurgenceRoughPlan-s1 at RiwakaResurgence.RiwakaArea.RiwakaSystem
defined at ./RiwakaArea/./RiwakaResurgenceCave/RiwakaResurgenceRoughPlan.th2
[9] is too large to process in metapost in this scale -- maximal scale for
this scrap is 1 : 210

The scale I am using is 1:5000, which I assume is considered smaller than
the 1:210 that is being complained about by Therion.

This is a thconfig for a large project that I only tend to run once every
year or so, therefore I'm not sure when the problem manifested.

I have not figured out why the all component caves compile OK, but the whole
system fails.

Unless anyone has any brilliant insights I'm not really seeking a solution
from the forum just yet.  I have yet to find time to explore all the
possible mistakes I may have made.  I have tried removing the offending
scrap from it's parent map, but then another scrap in a completely different
cave triggers the same error.

All the same, any insight gratefully received.