[Therion] TopParser

Bruce bruce at tomo.co.nz
Sun Jul 28 22:41:58 CEST 2013

Thanks Graham, and Andrew

Have tried out TopParser 1.2.1

It seems to work fine, and crashes more gracefully than 1.2.0 which is good
(although I am not sure the 1.2.0 crashes were TopParsers fault).

There is no Manual packaged with 1.2.1 so new users will need to download
both packages to get a copy of the Manual.

My confusion with the input and output folders is that the usage of the
words is too colloquial.

The interface has no labels that match 'input' or 'output'.

I can guess which is which, but there are four folder entry boxes.

I see;

Pockettopo file: (input folder easy enough to guess)

Project Directory: (output folder??)

Survey Directory: (another output folder??)

RAW Directory: (another output folder?? - subfolder in project location
where top and xvi are stored)

The first two screenshots in the manual do not appear to be a matching pair.
If they were it might ease understanding.

I think relative paths and the old dos . and .. for self and parent are
allowed for the survey and raw directories, but not sure.

Here are screen shots of what I have used.

This produces the following python log.

And then when I manually run the thconfig produced by Topparser I get

So probably something I am doing wrong, or at least differently to what you
anticipated.

One other minor quibble for now.

Perhaps the plan and elevation scraps should be forced (or at least have the
option)to inherit the map suffixes entered on the Data TAB (and then the
specific plan, elevation and section suffixes entered on the plan and
elevation TABs).

This would ensure better consistency and ready recognition by the human user
of the relationship of particular scraps - maps - files.

Thanks

Bruce