[Therion] auriga to therion

Erik VdBroeck erik at speleo.tv
Fri Oct 5 12:39:33 CEST 2012

hi to all!

As I was wondering if there would be a way to convert Auriga files into
Therion .th data files without losing the radiant (splay) shots etc, I
contacted Luc Leblanc, author of Auriga. We tried out some conversion into
.csv file, but a real export to Therion format could be a possible option
Some questions remain, though, before the converter can be programmed, so
I'm forwarding some questions we would like to see answered, as the Therion
book is not clear about it:

- If the "data" command contains "backcompass" and/or "backclino" and the
user did not actually take a backsight for some shots, can I put 0.00 or do
I have to fake backsights to prevent bad averaging? Or is there a way to
tell Therion to ignore this missing data (other than repeating a "data"
command), like putting a ? or some special character?

- Can I interleave station flags between survey shots, like:

3.1 3.2 10.00 359.99 -10.00

station 3.1 "" entrance

3.2 3.3 11.00 1.00 -12.00

- For splay shots (between a station and some detail, where one station is .
or -), do I have to put LRUD data? It's always going to be 0.00.

- If I want to pass topofil data, can I pass both start and end readings?
How? The Therion book only mentions "topofil".

- How do I tell Therion that slope 0 is up or down? Such 0-180 clinometers
are used on topofils.

- How do I pass dive data? I just put the depth instead of the slope and I
set "meters" for the "depth" instrument?

- The Therion book would gain much clarity by providing examples for each
command.

Thanks for any help !

Erik Van den Broeck
Nature-Témoin,