[Therion] LRUD data

McLendonJP at aol.com McLendonJP at aol.com
Wed Jun 27 14:23:42 CEST 2012

Graham,
I've got the centerline and LRUD data all together in the same block, as in
 "data normal station left right up down newline length compass clino" and
immediately before it "units length feet" but it still treats my input
numbers  at meters instead of feet (for the LRUD). Olly's suggestion to use
"units left  right up down feet" works perfectly to get Therion to treat the
numbers as  feet.

Thanks,
JP

In a message dated 6/27/2012 6:18:31 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
graham.mullan at coly.org.uk writes:

>  From: McLendonJP at aol.com

> Also, I experimented with using "walls  on" to see if it would get
>Therion
> to use the LRUD data to  determine depth. It didn't, but I found  that
> Therion is reading  my LRUD data as meters instead of feet. I use the
>command
>  "units length feet" before the data but seems to only work for the  >tape
> measurement. Am I missing something?

Can I assume that  you have separate blocks of data for the centreline
and the LRUD? If so  then you need to enter the "units length feet" line
again after the "data  dimensions station left right up down" line.

Alternatively just take  all your measurements in metres ;-)

You are right, however, that  Therion determines depth by the difference
between the highest and lowest  stations. It is difficult to see how else
it would work. It is a trivial  matter to mark your highest and lowest
points as  stations.

Graham

> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Incorrect depth generated for legend  (McLendonJP at aol.com)
>    2. Re: Incorrect depth generated for  legend (Olly Betts)
>    3. Re: Incorrect depth generated for  legend (Bruce)

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 17:06:50 -0400  (EDT)
> From: McLendonJP at aol.com
> Subject: [Therion] Incorrect  depth generated for legend
> To: Therion at speleo.sk
>
> I recently used Therion to produce a map  for a short horizontal cave.
The

http://therion.speleo.sk/wiki/doku.php?id=tex#overriding_data_supplied_by_th
>  erion_map_headers
>
> Eg
>
>   code  tex-map
>       \cavedepth{300\thinspace{}ft}   %forcing reported depth to 300 ft
>   endcode
>

>> I can see how  this could be a significant issue if you had a cave with
> little  vertical extent except for a high dome. You would have to shoot a
> shot  to a station at the top of the dome to capture it's vertical extent
in
>  the legend data.
>
> That would avoid the need to manually edit  the depth each time you
suspected
> a new survey might change the depth  of the cave.  It would be my
preferred
> method, even if it means  creating an artificial shot to replicate the
'up'
> data.  It would  need 'flags duplicate' to prevent it being added to the
> reported  survey network length.
>

> Bruce

> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

>  End of Therion Digest, Vol 78, Issue 23