[Therion] Incorrect depth generated for legend

McLendonJP at aol.com McLendonJP at aol.com
Wed Jun 27 14:14:41 CEST 2012

Thanks Bruce for the code, I should have found that myself in the wiki,
sorry. It's exactly what I needed.

JP McLendon

In a message dated 6/27/2012 2:08:46 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
bruce at tomo.co.nz writes:

>I'm assuming that  therion uses the vertical difference between the
highest station and the  lowest station to generate the depth number without
regard to LRUD data,  is this correct?
Yes.
>And does anybody  have a suggestion for how I can easily get the correct
depth output onto  my map?
You can add some  tex code to  a layout.   See
_http://therion.speleo.sk/wiki/doku.php?id=tex#overriding_data_supplied_by_therion_map_headers_
(http://therion.speleo.sk/wiki/doku.php?id=tex#o
verriding_data_supplied_by_therion_map_headers)
Eg

  code tex-map
      \cavedepth{300\thinspace{}ft}  %forcing reported depth to 300 ft
  endcode

>I can see how this  could be a significant issue if you had a cave with
little vertical extent  except for a high dome. You would have to shoot a shot
to a station at the top  of the dome to capture it's vertical extent in the
legend  data.
That would avoid the  need to manually edit the depth each time you
suspected a new survey might  change the depth of the cave.  It would be my
preferred method, even if  it means creating an artificial shot to replicate the ‘up
’ data.  It  would need ‘flags duplicate’ to prevent it being added to the
reported survey  network length.

Therion  mailing  list
Therion at speleo.sk