[Therion] Incorrect depth generated for legend

Bruce bruce at tomo.co.nz
Wed Jun 27 08:09:39 CEST 2012

>I'm assuming that therion uses the vertical difference between the highest
station and the lowest station to generate the depth number without regard
to LRUD data, is this correct?

Yes.

>And does anybody have a suggestion for how I can easily get the correct
depth output onto my map?

You can add some tex code to a layout.   See
http://therion.speleo.sk/wiki/doku.php?id=tex#overriding_data_supplied_by_th
erion_map_headers

Eg

  code tex-map
      \cavedepth{300\thinspace{}ft}  %forcing reported depth to 300 ft
  endcode

>I can see how this could be a significant issue if you had a cave with
little vertical extent except for a high dome. You would have to shoot a
shot to a station at the top of the dome to capture it's vertical extent in
the legend data.

That would avoid the need to manually edit the depth each time you suspected
a new survey might change the depth of the cave.  It would be my preferred
method, even if it means creating an artificial shot to replicate the 'up'
data.  It would need 'flags duplicate' to prevent it being added to the
reported survey network length.