[Therion] conversion vtopo/therion : .tro ->.th

Martin Gerbaux martin.gerbaux at wanadoo.fr
Tue Aug 12 13:13:54 CEST 2008

Thanks Stacho for your answer and sorry for late response, I was on
holidays too ;o)

I think that having such a script shound be a good way to popularize
Therion in France where most of the cavers use Virtual Topo.

I have converted my .tro file with a couple of "grep" commands, but do
not make a universal script. Since I calcultated that there can be up to
2304 ways to describe a measure in Vtopo (due to number of instruments
for length, direction, slope, and the possibility to do direct or back
measurements), one should make a more intelligent program with a
combination of the 10 parameters available in Vtopo than my succesion of
"grep". But sure, it will not be a huge program !

Martin

PS : like Gilbert Fernandes, I think it would be nice if recent therion
versions should be available in Ubuntu repository.