[Therion] Editing svg therion results

Martin Budaj m.budaj at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 13:16:34 CET 2007

On Dec 15, 2007 11:34 AM, Xavier Pennec <Xavier.Pennec at sophia.inria.fr> wrote:
> I thought that it would be easy with any svg editor, but apparently this
> is not the case at all. I can open and visualize the svg files produced
> by therion using inkscape, but I cannot degroup the drawing in order to
> edit some of the parts and, more importantly, importing the plan and the
> elevation in  a single document lead to an incorrect result (see
> NaduelRD5_fuse.svg). It seems that there is a namespace problem: as both
> drawing refer to elements that have the same name, so that the
> definition of one of the drawing overwrite the definitions of the other.

You are right. We will fix it by introducing some kind of user-defined
prefix for named SVG elements.

> Does anybody have an idea of how to overcome that? Is there any other
> svg editor that behaves better (and which is not too expensive!)?

I tried Karbon14 from koffice and it could merge both files (by
opening them separately and then copying and pasting one of the files
to another). It can also ungroup the graphics. (But didn't display the
texts.)

> By the way, it would be interesting to have a north arrow symbol that we
> can place wherever we want in a plan and not only a north arrow
> generated in the legend. That way, we could avoid using legends when
> needed (e.g. to fuse maps outside therion).

You can do it already. See the chapter Map layout in map mode in the thbook.

Martin