[Therion] Mine sybols?
Christian Rößler (Roessler)
chr_rossi at kartan.de
Thu Dec 6 22:53:45 CET 2007
hearing discussiong about symbols I thought again about mine specific symbols.
While I have to admit I have perhaps not searched thoroughly, I have not
found any included in therion.
Well, I would be willing to design some. But it surely would be better to
determine which symbols/areas would be needed first. Many of these are
already in convention elsewhere, so work should be relatively
To begin I have the following suggestions. Unforunately my english is not good
enough, so to avoid possible confusion I add the german words. I would be
glad if a german speaker could name the translations.
1. Shaft / Schacht (up and down)
2. Sinking (?) / Gesenk
3. Weather (ventile) door / Wettertür
4. Doorway (for supporting) / Türstock (standing and ruined)
5. Where ore was mined / Abbau (up and down)
6. Hole for rolling ore downwards / Rolloch
7. Wagon rolling planks / Hundbretter
8. Hand driven wind / Haspel
9. Chamber for hand driven wind / Haspelkammer
10. Water flowing gutter / Gerinne
11. Lamp niche / Lampennische
12. Upraise / Aufhauen
13. Galley end (constr. end) / Ortsbrust
14. Hewn material / Versatz
16. Special tool traces / Werkzeugspuren
(Please add to the list)
If I provide drawn symbols, would anyone help me converting these to metapost?
It would also be nice if fellow miners would suggest symbols, too.
Best greetings, and to my fellow miners a hearty Barbara's day!
Wenn Schnaps die Kehle runterlauft, (If liquor runs down the throat,)
der Schacht im Wasser bald ersauft! (the shaft in water soon will drown!)
More information about the Therion