[Therion] Hierarchy of Layouts, overiding symbol set symbols individually

Bruce Mutton bruce.mutton at paradise.net.nz
Thu Dec 6 21:37:35 CET 2007

I have a standard master thconfig file that contains two layouts, water-blue
(copied from the rabbit cave example) and StandardLayout.

I have other thconfig files that refer to the master file with an input
command, as below;

input ../StdFiles/thconfig-StdLayouts.thc

copy water-blue      # adopt blue water colour layout from 'input' file

copy StandardLayout  # adopt standard layout from 'input' file

This works fine, except that when my StandardLayout contains, for example;

symbol-set UIS      # UIS, ASF, CCNP, SKBB

then the symbol set always overrides and I don't get my blue fill colour.

I have tried changing the order of the two 'copy' commands above, to no
avail.  There maybe something about this in the Therion Book but I'm not
sure I understand it.

For now I'm happy to leave out the 'symbol-set' command, but I foresee the
day when I would adopt one of the other symbol sets and make personalised
changes (such as water-blue).

Any comments?