Segfault when including survey data in plan

Stacho Mudrak s.m at speleo.sk
Thu Feb 17 13:31:10 CET 2005

> whay this would happen. Not sure if we should do anything about that or not?

We solved this problem very easily. To each map we add suffix, indicating that this is a map _m or .m . If there are more projections, you can add also projection type to the suffix (e.g. .mp, .me or .mx). The same we do with scraps. This way there are no conflicts and you see directly what is what.

> OK - I think this is the thing I was not doing. Because therions magic
> 'automatic selection' mostly does what I want I do not have any selects in
> the dataset anymore. If I select the centrelineplan map, does that disable
> automatic selection of other maps so now I have to select all the maps I
> want to appear?

Yes - usually it's only one top-level map.

But I can probably advance magic of therion automatic selection - that this will not be necessary.

>> code mpost
>> let l_survey_cave = l_survey_surface_SKBB;
>> endcode
>

> I take it from your second message that this did not in fact work?

Yes and no. It will help, if you will use centerline data defined properly in therion. It will not, if you will import them - because of bug deep in therion data structure.

S.