Segfault when including survey data in plan

Stacho Mudrak s.m at speleo.sk
Thu Feb 17 12:27:21 CET 2005

> OK. Done that and if I get rid of all the scraps then I get an image which
> has complete lines for the surface surveys but station-marks for the
> underground stations. Is that expected?

Second answer is NO :) Obviosly, there is another bug. I will try to fix it soon.

> I have noticed a problem with the need for a 'dummy' survey outside a .3d
> file import - it stops you using the suggested index.th and index.th2 files
> for centreline and scrap info (because you need a 'survey dummy' in both
> files around everything and it complains about 'duplicate survey').

If previous bug will be fixed - no problem to remove need for dummy survey :)

> I've also realsied that I can't do what I wanted to do - import more than
> one .3d file. I wanted to import one per cave, but of course thinking about
> it, this isn't going to work because the co-ordinates will overlap. I need
> to generate one .3d file covering al the caves.

May be - I can add some -shift option for import command. E.g.
-shift 1200 1300 500 m will shift all stations with given vector. This is no problem and it can be probably very usefull in some cases.

> Still it would be good if it gave a useful error - it took me some time to
> work out what the problem was as it just gave a tex overflow error - which I
> can't reproduce right now due to getting a different error:

I am curious to see this error - on my computer your data worked without errors.

> It says:
> therion: error -- file import -- index.th [15] -- invalid survey name --
> de0/.deception
>
> I think it is faiing to cope with the oddly-name "de0/" survey. It has this
> peculiar name because the data is imported from compass and it was expedient
> to use this name. Survex eats it happily and so does aven so therion should.

This is already removed.

Regards, S.

-=x=-
Skontrolované antivírovým programom NOD32