Mud and sand

Wookey wookey at aleph1.co.uk
Wed Dec 15 17:01:42 CET 2004

+++ Andrew Atkinson [04-12-14 20:10 -0800]:

>> Stacho Mudrak wrote

>> But it has to be better than drawing them by hand

It's easier  :-) , but it will look worse  :-(

We do need to solve this problem somehow. Current rock-drawing is
super-slow, but I want my finished rocks to look realistic as well (i.e. not
sticking through the walls).

>> I am not a sedimentologist, but I think that clay is a type of mud, usually
>> of a finer grain. Mud possibly covers silt and sand as well. As a cave
>> surveyor I do not think that I can tell a difference, so would would not
>> particularly want different symbols, but I suspect there are lot of people
>> out there who do. I have tended to use minus signs for mud and dots for
>> sand. But I most probably should be using dots for all of it

Do the UIS have different symbols for this? clay is indeed sediment with
very fine particles. I think of there being 'dry sediment' (sand symbol) and
'wet sediment' (mud symbol). I think that's plenty for my purposes, but
Therion just needs to provide whatever the various symbol sets provide.

Wookey
--
Aleph One Ltd, Bottisham, CAMBRIDGE, CB5 9BA, UK Tel +44 (0) 1223 811679
work: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/ play: http://www.chaos.org.uk/~wookey/