[therion] Re: Mud and sand

Stacho Mudrak s.m at speleo.sk
Thu Dec 16 10:07:01 CET 2004

> It's easier :-) , but it will look worse :-(
>
> We do need to solve this problem somehow. Current rock-drawing is
> super-slow, but I want my finished rocks to look realistic as well (i.e. not
> sticking through the walls).

MartinS has found a dirty trick how to solve this problem, so now it is just a question of implementation. :) In any case, we would welcome a good example (or even an algorithm), how those random blocks should look like...

> Do the UIS have different symbols for this? clay is indeed sediment with
> very fine particles. I think of there being 'dry sediment' (sand symbol) and
> 'wet sediment' (mud symbol).

UIS is using dots symbol for "Sand-Silt-Clay-Humus". So I suggest to let exist clay symbol and add mud symbol. Then we will have three symbols:
mud for wet sediment, clay and sand for dry sediment. In UIS symbol set, it will be the same symbol.

> I think that's plenty for my purposes, but
> Therion just needs to provide whatever the various symbol sets provide.

We have a problem with that - in one symbol set used in Lechuguilla cave (I am not able to locate it on the WEB now), we have found a RAFT and RAFT CONE symbols. We still do not know, for what we should use them... Therefore we would like to remove them (I guess, nobody used them until now).

And we would also like to add three new point symbols we are missing:
stalactites
stalagmites
stalactites-and-stalagmites
They will mark places, where these speleothems occur in bigger amounts.

Regards, S.