[therion] Re: 'subtype' syntax change proposal

Stacho Mudrak s.m at speleo.sk
Fri Apr 23 09:50:58 CEST 2004

> I do thing that the list of linetype/subtypes could be improved.

I agree at this point.

-subtype option comes from times, when we had intention to make things universal and complex (and complicated :) . I'm not sure, but my feeling is that option -subtype should be removed at all. The reason is simple. If you do not specify the subtype, some subtype is assumed as default anyway. So it is just complicating things.

I think, having types:

wall
wall-blocks
wall-sand
wall-debris

would be better, than specifying all the time the subtype. What do you think?

S.