'subtype' syntax change proposal

Wookey wookey at aleph1.co.uk
Thu Apr 22 18:13:50 CEST 2004

+++ Ladislav Bla?ek [04-04-22 17:52 +0200]:

>> Presumed = presumed. It means that I presume continuation but I
>> don't know what's the type of continuation. Simply I presume that
>> it is "wall". If you know that it is rock-border, why you need
>> presumed rock-border?

Because I am looking over an edge and I can see one side of a big rock, but
not the other. The passage shape makes me think that this is a rock not a
wall so the part I can see is 'rock border', but the part where it goes out
of sight would be drawn as 'presumed rock border' - ie "- - -" with correct
line thickness.

Or I can see along a passage and one side is wall, the other is a big
boulder. I cannot see beyond so both sides need to be drawn as 'presumed
continuation', but it looks wrong if the rock side suddenly changes line
thickness to be a wall at the point it becomes presumed. (this would be the
case if I followed your suggestion above).

Also what about the situation where the wall is made of blocks - so now it
is 'wall, subtype blocks', but I also want to make it 'presumed' at the point
I cannot see. I don't think we can have two subtypes, but there should be a
way to draw this...(this illustrates what I mean about reviewing walltypes and
subtypes.

Aleph One Ltd, Bottisham, CAMBRIDGE, CB5 9BA, UK Tel +44 (0) 1223 811679
work: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/ play: http://www.chaos.org.uk/~wookey/