[Therion] th_formdef.tex runaway text error - LuaTeX

bruce at tomo.co.nz bruce at tomo.co.nz
Sun Sep 20 23:26:47 CEST 2026


Good morning

Thank you Martin

Using Therion 6.4.0 + debae9b

I have moved to luatex and some initial tests on a single 74 km project suggest it works well.

I played with various permutations of debug station-names and maps on/off.

Compile times are maybe 3% longer that with pdftex, but that is within the variation observed if I make no changes at all.  So speed variation is of no consequence.

The exported pdf file sizes are no different and the time taken to open the pdfs (36 s for the largest at 135 MB) does not change between tex and luatex.

 

The issue I had with png images on 67248d35 using luatex has been resolved.

 

Recently I mentioned that ‘maps off’ significantly increases compile time. In working through the above tests I came across a note I made in one of my thconfig files in June 2019.   It mentions that ‘maps off’ significantly increases compile time and pdf file size.

However now I can confirm that debae9b compile times do not vary appreciably with variations in maps on/off or between tex/luatex.

Maps on/off does affect pdf file sizes, but at the moment I have examples where it is trivial and others where it might be that maps off results in a significant increase, but the examples I have are not definitive.

 

Overall, luatex is working well with debae9b.  I’ll stick with it.

 

Bruce

 

 

 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.speleo.sk/pipermail/therion/attachments/20260921/9acb8723/attachment.htm>


More information about the Therion mailing list