[Therion] ***UNCHECKED*** Problem with elevation view

Torsten Schnitter torsten.schnitter at netcologne.de
Mon Oct 29 16:35:45 CET 2018

Hi all

I have a under water cave survey and all the data is done with depth measurements.
So the Z coordinates are absolute and the survey is not with clino data.
The cave starts at one point and after roughly 800m you have another surface point.

When I compile the data I get a strange behaviour.
Although it's not a WYSIWIG map editor I would expect points which have the same depth are at the same "depth"/level on the xvi file. But they are not (see attached screenshot "elevation problem").
The 2 points within the red marks do have the same depth measurements.
But if you have a closer look to it you can see they are not at the same level.
(They differ somehow in x/y way and therefore the points are not on top of each other.)
There are no loop closures inbetween which could be a reason for different levels.

Not having the same level with these points (I assume it is this point) leads to a bigger problem later on.
When drawing the elevation scraps and putting a water surface (depth = 0m) to the scraps and having a raster in the background, the surface at the beginning of the cave is not at the same level than at the next surface point of the cave. But it should be.
See pictures "elevation problem-start" and "elevation problem-end".

What's wrong?
Can anybody help?
If more info is needed please let me know.

Thanks,
Torsten