[Therion] Point with entrance coordinates ?

Xavier Robert xavier.robert at univ-grenoble-alpes.fr
Fri Jun 29 00:53:39 CEST 2018

Dear all,

I am very pleased with the use and the outputs of Therion.
However, for the map views and/or elevation (projected or extended) views, it always seems to me that there is a lack of a convenient way to add the entrance(s) coordinates somewhere. It could be inside the header, or near the given entrance on the drawing. I think that this is an information that needs to be on a cave map. Some times ago, I tried to modify my header to add that information, but I could not find the right tex variables corresponding to the entrances coordinates.

For the moment, I am always adding them by hand with the point « label » (see example in attachement). This solution does not convince me because this is not linked to the data I entered in the .th file.

I am thus looking for a way to add those coordinates in a map, preferentially with a new point definition that read the coordinates from the survey data and print it to the map. What would be great is to also have an option to be able to print the coordinates on the map either in the map projection system (defined in the layout/thconfig) or in geographic coordinates (point u:coords -entrance <entrance_names/fixed_point> -latlong for instance?).

Does anyone have an idea on how to do that ?

Thanks for your lights,
Cheers,

Xavier