[Therion] WG: Wanted: Flag to exclude certain legs from loop closure algorithm

Xavier Pennec Xavier.Pennec at inria.fr
Fri Jun 15 13:50:35 CEST 2018

Hi Michael,

You might find some useful information in old discussions, eg:
http://therion.speleo.narkive.com/JoMgAJuX/standard-deviation-and-survey-grade

The best would be to specify first which general accuracy you estimate
for "normal" legs, eg:
* grade 3 for unreliable surveys,
* grade 5 for relieable ones.

Assuming grade 5, the statement would be:

data normal from to  length   compass  clino ignoreall

grade BCRA5 ## Stddev of normal legs
WGB26	WGB27	20.5	30	0

# This leg below has perfect measurements
sd length 0 meter
sd compass 0 degrees
sd clino 0 degrees
WGB27	WGB28	17.1	95	0

grade BCRA5 ## Back to the stddev of normal legs
WGB28	WGB29	9.5	120	0

If this does not work, try 0.0001 instead of zero as I remember having
problems with vanishing stddevs.

Xavier