[Therion] Multiple fixes for the same point

Xavier Pennec Xavier.Pennec at inria.fr
Mon Sep 11 20:53:09 CEST 2017

One of the problem for a predefined accuracy of gps measures is that it
really depends on each measurement. I usually use a stddev of 2 to 3
times the figure of merit (FOM) of the GPS averaging procedure for x and
y coordinates and 4 to 5 times for the altitude. This can range from a
few meters (this has  to be on a plateau with no trees) to 50/100 m for
measurements in forests with a few satellites only (there are also often
reflections on cliffs that perturb the measure).

Xavier