[Therion] Import a scrap into another scrap (or th2-file)

torstein finnesand torstein.finnesand at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 18:50:07 CEST 2017

Yes. A friend of mine (Svein Grundstrøm) and I got the problem this year
as well. He developed a solution in Access (some tables and the aid of
Visual Basic) that handles the problem programmatically. Two conditions
apply:

- The two th2-files (source and target files) must have a common point
(station) from which the coordinate differences can be calculated.

- The two th2-files must have the same ratio between scale and
resolution. The problem will maybe be solved in a later version, since
the information needed is in the bottom part of the xvi-file.

If the source file contains more than one scrap, all of them are
transferred. If one single scrap from a multi-scrap th2-file is to be
moved, we must isolate the wanted scrap in a new th2-file before moving it.

This works fine for us. The main result was that we avoided to "code"
some complicated joins.

But, did you Andrew create something similar? Or perhaps someone else has?

It would be nice to have a feature like this in the Therion map editor.
But I guess that could be considered only if others think it's useful.

Torstein