[Therion] A couple of Therion updates: KML and line-rope

Bruce bruce at tomo.co.nz
Fri May 13 11:43:06 CEST 2016

> For the kml I was wondering what else to put in the description field
besides the length and depth.

Possibly option to include 'map-comment' for export plan -o "cave.kml"

> The next feature I was considering is the option to add images inside of
scraps(with "point image [file name]..."), and not only in the layout with
map-image. I need to research some more about inserting images in TEX and
Metapost and how to position them.

A similar idea, perhaps, was discussed some years ago.

Refer to the first few returns of this search

http://search.gmane.org/?query=link
<http://search.gmane.org/?query=link&group=gmane.comp.gis.therion>
&group=gmane.comp.gis.therion

My preferred implementation would be to have a 'link' property for most
point entities as described in here.
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.therion/3029/match=link

There could be another property that results in the destination file (if
image or plain text) 'printing' in the resulting cave pdf output (which is
more like what you describe).

Just ideas.