[Therion] Symbols without map editor, polygon line filling?

Christian Rößler chr_rossi at kartan.de
Sun May 8 14:21:10 CEST 2016

Am Sonntag, 8. Mai 2016, 08:07:02 schrieb Bruce <bruce at tomo.co.nz>:

>> until the now curved line fitted my expectation, and inserted
>> (seldom) points a-new where necessary, so I could realign the adit
>> walls according to my memory and photos. Now I will apply this
>> knowledge to some other surveys we made.
>
> This is the way to amend old drawings, but if you are drawing new lines,
> then 'click-hold-drag' to create curves on the fly.  Much faster.

Thank for the hint, I practiced that for a while, and while my first
results were a bit… shitty I will get the hang of it.

>> PS. Would it be of interest if I write a story "How a miner learned to
>> use simple Therion"? I would like to give something back to the Therion
>> users.
>
> I think you input would be valuable.  Writing good guidance can be a big
> job. Probably best to have a look at the wiki, and make or suggest
> edits to fill some gaps or misleading information on the existing pages
> that are listed on the wiki front page.
> Therion for cavers
> Therion by examples
> Footlegs drawing tutorial latest draft
> Data organisation

Will do that, and while I am doing my next survey I will write the steps
down. This may take a while, but I will not forget it. And I will look
over the wiki pages you mentioned, but I have to admit I do have
difficulties to understand a lot of things there.

Best regards and Glückauf!
Christian