[Therion] Symbols without map editor, polygon line filling?

Bruce bruce at tomo.co.nz
Fri May 6 10:14:56 CEST 2016

Christian

> First, I would like to know if I can get symbols like 'entrance' in the
output:

> station 0 "Mundloch" entrance
Information from station statement like the above is not, as far as I know,
able to be echoed in map exports (such as pdf outputs).  Both the text and
the entrance indicator is however present in model exports of type .lox, and
the entrance indicator only for .3d

>  symbol-show point station
This statement is referring only to the drawing point station symbol that
you might create in a scrap.  It has no effect on the model centreline
symbols. The components of the centreline (or 'model') are considered
differently to (scrap) drawing symbols by Therion. Martins suggestion is an
elegant way of including entrance symbols on a centreline with minimal scrap
drawing.

It is possible to control how the stations are displayed in 'centreline
only' outputs, but I would consider it an advanced topic, and even the
experts have trouble with it. It is a fickle thing to attempt to control, in
my experience. See
http://therion.speleo.sk/wiki/doku.php/faq#how_do_i_print_only_cave_or_surfa
ce_stations_with_a_particular_mark_ie_fixed_or_painted

> Second: The polygon draw leaves edges unfilled when two following, bending

polygon lines (centrelines) meet. Can these edges be filled via
interpolation or such?

No. I think the usual way to think of centreline outputs is a temporary
debug-like output that is a precursor to drawing scraps that you collect
together in maps, ready for a final presentation. And so no, the polygons
generated by the LRUD information are not processed further by Therion.  If
you draw scraps, and the scraps do not join perfectly, you can use the join
statement to force a smooth join of scraps.

> PS. As I do not want to flood the list with beginner questions, I would be

happy if there is someone I could ask simple questions, perhaps via email?

I think it is better to ask such questions on the forum.  That way everyone
else gets to ponder how well they really know therion, and to learn possibly
unexpected ways of solving problems.  And maybe insight as to how to improve
the documentation.