[Therion] Setting Scrap Colours

Владимир Георгиев vld.georgiev at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 11:57:29 CEST 2016

Olly

This is a very nice addition indeed.
I tested it and it works with single level maps, but it doesn't seem to
work with nested maps, or I missed something about the usage.

It works with several map definitions, not being merged in an overall map
like:

*  map M1 -colour [60 70 80]*

*  endmap*

*  map M2 -colour [60 70 80]*

*  endmap  ...*

*  export map ........ pdf*
However when I group M1 and M2 in a larger map(without specifying a colour)
it overrides the colours and they do not appear.

*  map MGlobal*

*    M1*

*    M2*

*  endmap*

To me it seems better that the lower level map colors are kept, unless the
global one explicitly specifies a colour.
I guess the example above was done with several map defs without grouping
them in a larger one.

​Also, when I have several map defs(without colours and without a global
map) and specify "colour map-fg map"​ the pieces get colored randomly.
Maybe this is the expected behavior, but to me it sounds more logical to
use the default map-fg colour until a map specifies one explicitly.
The moment I set a global map (without colour) the default map-fg steps in.

Am I asking too much :)

Vladimir