[Therion] MacOSX error and solution: ImageMagick after upgrading from Mt.Lion to Mavericks

Martin Sluka martinsluka at mac.com
Sat Feb 21 20:40:57 CET 2015

To generate Thbook with all samples is necessary to convert pdf files from samples directory. But in Maverick or Yosemite there is error when installing ImageMagick by Brew:

Why is ImageMagick trying to load JPG coder at /usr/local/Cellar/imagemagick/6.8.8-9/lib/ImageMagick//modules-Q16/coders/jpeg.la? Why the double slash after ImageMagick// ?

I came across this issue too when upgrading from Mt.Lion to Mavericks. I found an issue in homebrew's github repo.

The fix that worked for me was:

$ brew uninstall imagemagick
$ brew install imagemagick --build-from-source

m.