[Therion] Drawing for generating outputs at multiple different scales

Footleg drfootleg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 19:01:22 CET 2014

Now that I have enough knowledge to really start drawing up my large
project cave systems, I am discovering that it is difficult to draw scraps
in a way which renders nicely at different scales. I want to be able to
produce a very detailed survey (using a scale of around 1:500) but also to
output a complete system drawing at a scale more suited to a large map (say
1:5000). I find symbols getting rendered larger than the passage widths
(which seems odd as unless people have much larger passages than me in
their caves, I would expect symbols to be limited to a sensible scale for a
typical large passage, or omitted?). But also text labels are so large that
they obscure entire areas of the cave at the 1:5000 scale.

Any tips and tricks for how to draw once, use twice? Or do I really need to
maintain two copies of every scrap? Is there a way to draw some detail on a
scrap for 1:5000 type scale, and then augment it with fine details for
rendering at 1:500 by adding a second scrap for the labels and symbols?

Footleg