[Therion] Define constants in files

Bill Gee bgee at campercaver.net
Sat Dec 27 19:59:06 CET 2014

Hi Vasily -

I suspected you might be using some sort of script wrapper around sed.  That
is certainly an option, though it seems to me a fair bit of work to accomplish
what should be fairly simple.  One problem I see is that the preprocessor
would have to run through all files before submitting to therion.  When
additional files are added to a project, there may be some confusion regarding
which replacements have already been processed.

There is also the matter of file portability.  Once someone invents their own
naming scheme and shell scripts to process the expansion, then those source
files are not usable on any other Therion system.

Hmmm.....  I wonder how much of this could be done with make?  Food for
thought!

As Vladimir noted, this is a "nice to have" feature request.  I think there
are other changes that should have higher priority, such as area joins.
Still, if we never make a request then it will never get on the list of things
to do.

Regards - Bill Gee