[Therion] Loop closure

Bruce bruce at tomo.co.nz
Fri Jan 11 10:34:58 CET 2013

Torsten
To phrase it differently to Martin, I think of it this way...

xvi files are outputs, generated by Therion, so they will change according
to changes in the survey network data, loop closures etc.

th2 files are inputs, created by the draughtsperson using Xtherion or using
a text editor. Even though the th2 file may reference xvi files, the th2
file is never changed by therion, so th2 files are never affected by
subsequent changes to the survey network.

There are probably many work flows, but the one I use assumes a constantly
evolving survey network.  Each survey trip has its own .th file(s), xvi
file(s) and .th2 file(s).  Each one is uniquely named and is never
substantially changed, even though subsequent discoveries and surveys will
alter the shape of the survey network and sometimes the drawing local to
some survey stations.  Of course if a new passage is discovered branching
off a previously surveyed passage, then the old th2 file will require a
minor edit to create a gap in the walls to accommodate the new passage.
Otherwise, the new survey and drawings are entirely described in a new set
of files. As an example my current project has about 120 sets of files for
about 20km of survey length.