[Therion] Therion et al on Win 7 or 8.1

Footleg drfootleg at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 11:07:48 CET 2013

I have been using most of those applications on Windows 7 on both 32bit and
64bit machines with no problems for several years. My recent upgrade of a
laptop to Windows 8 resulted in me being unable to run either Aven (the
Survex model viewer) or Loch. But the recent free upgrade to Windows 8.1
fixed both those issues for me (an some other graphics rendering
applications which had the same issue of crashing on launch). So now I am
seeing no issues with any of these applications on Windows 8.1 (32 bit) on
the laptop.

Footleg