[Therion] Topparser 123

Bruce bruce at tomo.co.nz
Sun Aug 4 12:03:42 CEST 2013

OK I could not resist after a weekends action packed surveying.

Learning to use software that crashed for me but held the promise of an
instant transfer was less daunting than manually transferring 5 top files
into therion.

Your clarifications of the instructions must be OK cos I got the files to go
where I expected first try (apart from a typo I made that copied the raw
files into the wrong place - lucky I didn't blindly add those to my
repository-seems to be a dangerous feature)

Hope 1.2.3 produces accurate files Andrew, cos it looks like its progeny are
going into my live project.

The problems I was having with it not running therion and survex were due to
the paths - my therion is on the D: drive - my oversight.

Have attached the log file - seems to have a lot of debugging going on? And
seems to indicate it has stopped mid process, although it did everything I
expected.

I still cannot use the map export pdf from the thconfig topparser produces -
strange metapost type crash it seems so may be nothing to do with topparser.
All my other projects OK.

A feature request (from a cautious new user).

I wouldn't mind the ability to create a backup dump like PocketTopo's
'export text' and 'export therion' and have them place in the 'raw' folder.
Are you able to include a script to get PocketTopo to do that without user
intervention? (I'm assuming coding topparser to imitate those is a lot of
work and would involve a long testing period to be sure that faithful
reproductions of the formats were being produced).