[Therion] \legendwidth was: symbol-color special

Martin Budaj m.budaj at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 22:35:03 CEST 2013

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 9:06 AM, Andrew Atkinson <andrew at wotcc.org.uk> wrote:

>  however as soon as I add the comment under the scale bar
>
>     \legendbox{60}{10}{nw}{
>     \northarrow
>      \bigskip
>      \scalebar
>   \bigskip
>    \bigskip
>  \the\comment
>     }
>
> it expands to the right by quiet a bit

The value of \legendwith is evaluated only in the predefined macro
\legendcontent which prints the complete legend. In your case
(\legendbox customisation) you need to set the width of the \legendbox
in this way (guess without compiling your data):

    \legendbox{60}{10}{nw}{
      \hsize=\legendwidth  %% or directly e.g. \hsize=5 cm
      \northarrow
      \bigskip
      \scalebar
      \bigskip
      \bigskip
      \the\comment
    }

The reason for the right margin expansion in your example is that TeX
typesets \the\comment in a paragraph, the witdth of which is set to
the current \hsize (which is the width of map without margins I
think).

cheers,
Martin