[Therion] \legendwidth was: symbol-color special

Andrew Atkinson andrew at wotcc.org.uk
Fri Apr 19 09:06:20 CEST 2013

It might not be the text width, but it seems to appear when I add the
comment.
I have split the legend, so believe I have to use tex-map.

Attached is the full thconfig file

but I think that the relevant bit is

code tex-map

\comment={\color[100 100 100]\copyright The google copyright
statement!!!!}{}
#\legendtextcolor={\color[100 100 100]}
#\legendtitle{\color[100 100 100]Key}{}
  \def\maplayout{
    \legendbox{60}{10}{nw}{
    \northarrow
     \bigskip
     \scalebar
 # \bigskip
  # \bigskip
 #\the\comment
    }
   #  \legendbox{0}{0}{nw}{
   #  \the\comment
  # }
      \legendbox{0}{30}{sw}{
     \formattedlegend
    }
 }
endcode

This gives what I want,

http://wotcc.org.uk/__Transfer/Res_Goughs_overviewNoComment.pdf

(although control over colour would be nice so I can make the sump map blue)

 however as soon as I add the comment under the scale bar

code tex-map

\comment={\color[100 100 100]\copyright The google copyright
statement!!!!}{}
#\legendtextcolor={\color[100 100 100]}
#\legendtitle{\color[100 100 100]Key}{}
  \def\maplayout{
    \legendbox{60}{10}{nw}{
    \northarrow
     \bigskip
     \scalebar
  \bigskip
   \bigskip
 \the\comment
    }
   #  \legendbox{0}{0}{nw}{
   #  \the\comment
  # }
      \legendbox{0}{30}{sw}{
     \formattedlegend
    }
 }
endcode

it expands to the right by quiet a bit

http://wotcc.org.uk/__Transfer/Res_Goughs_overviewWithComment.pdf

So I thought that maybe with /legendwidth I could deal with this. Try

code tex-map

\comment={\color[100 100 100]\copyright The google copyright
statement!!!!}{}
#\legendtextcolor={\color[100 100 100]}
#\legendtitle{\color[100 100 100]Key}{}
\legendwidth=2cm
  \def\maplayout{
    \legendbox{60}{10}{nw}{
    \northarrow
     \bigskip
     \scalebar
  \bigskip
   \bigskip
 \the\comment
    }
   #  \legendbox{0}{0}{nw}{
   #  \the\comment
  # }
      \legendbox{0}{30}{sw}{
     \formattedlegend
    }
 }
endcode
endlayout

But even at 2cm, nothing happens, I would expect the text to be put on
multiple rows, even if that is not what is causing the expansion.

Also tried

legend-width 2 cm

but same output

Am I missing something

The full data set is downloadable from

http://www.cave-registry.org.uk/svn/CheddarCatchment/

Most of the data is downloadable anonymously but to get the background
image a pw will be needed, which I am happy to give to anyone on the
therion list

Andrew