[Therion] Labyrinth GUI

Bruce bruce at tomo.co.nz
Tue Mar 13 08:35:00 CET 2012

>Any news about the proposed Labyrinth GUI?
>... it became obvious ... that a GUI is essential. Drop down boxes to
>choose parameters would be greatly appreciated.

XTherion is a GUI, admittedly rather modest.  It has reasonably
comprehensive dropdown boxes for drawing, though I find it is quicker to
type and let the boxes auto complete.  There are alternatives in
development, topolinux and inkscape.

If you are referring to http://labyrinth.speleo.sk/ then, while it is a nice
idea, it suggests doing away with the plain text human readable input I
think.  If that is the case then one of the key advantages of therion would
be lost.  With plain text users have control of the data, with machine
written data users are at the mercy of bugs in the software.  Plain text is
likely to be a readable file format for quite some time, whereas other (cave
survey)formats have become obsolete rather frequently and I expect will
continue to do so.
Just my two cents.