[Therion] Extended elevation of a vertical cave

Bruce bruce at tomo.co.nz
Thu Nov 3 20:38:20 CET 2011

Francois
I quick reply before I'm off to work...

Ropes
I just use 'line border' for my ropes.
A better approach would be to define your own line type rope and assign it
an already defined linetype (like 'border').  [This is quite easy but I'd
have to look it up -obviously not so easy as I would have done it already! -
someone else may have it on the tip of their tongue]

This would allow you to change all the 'ropes' at some future time just by
adding the symbol definition - when you could find time to make a line rope
definition to your liking.

Scalebar
Unless someone has already written one, you could modify Thomas Holders code
from here
http://therion.speleo.sk/wiki/doku.php?id=metapost#special_symbol_examples
If you are brave enough for metapost that is.

Bruce