[Therion] Is therion data dimensions like survex *data passage

Bruce bruce at tomo.co.nz
Thu Nov 3 09:34:50 CET 2011

Stacho

You are so accommodating!

Based on my reading of the Survex manual it would seem that Therion already
has a superior means of defining arbitrary tubes - simply by drawing passage
outlines.

So unless it is a trivial exercise don't do it just on my account.

My vote for your valuable development time would be to bias it towards
improving Therions information reporting in;

-list outputs

-map and atlas headers

And refining 'map object' management for map and atlas pdf outputs related
to;

-bug fixes

-generally improving the 'single data to many outputs' paradigm.

These are the areas where I find Therion most limiting when it comes to
managing a larger project.

On the other hand it might just be my imagination that is the limiting
factor.

Regards

Bruce

From: Stacho Mudrak <lists <at> group-s.sk>
Subject:
<http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?message_id=%3cCAP35%2bgFuStoQH%2dEqF%5f
GM0wSW1o7SMF0qEf8%5fdimT%3dEgf%2bcTO9Q%40mail.gmail.com%3e> Re: Is therion
data dimensions like survex *data passage
Newsgroups:  <http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.therion>
gmane.comp.gis.therion
Date: 2011-11-02 09:03:42 GMT (20 hours and 59 minutes ago)

You are right, therion's 'data dimensions' is not like the survex's
'*data passage'.

But I was thinking of it for some time already. I will try to implement it.

Thanks, S.