[Therion] Lox Model showing walls from wrong side

Footleg drfootleg at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 15:39:38 CET 2011

Right, some more investigation has proved that this is not because of the
wall lines exactly, but is due to the fact that I have a survey point
outside the area enclosed by the walls. See the attached screenshot. By
adding the small line shown in red the problem goes away. I think the
problem arises if you draw imaginary lines between the two pairs of points
forming the ends of the two walls, and there is a survey point outside the
area defined by the walls and imaginary enclosing lines then you get the
'scrap outline intersects itself' error and the lox model walls get all
messed up.

Correction! I just tried deleting the survey point and survey line, and it
messes up still unless I have that extra bit of wall line shown in red. So
it appears that you have to end your two wall lines roughly on a line
perpendicular to the passage. If one is shorter than the other then the lox
model messes up. I confirmed this by removing my extra bit of wall line from
the scrap, and then splitting the other wall line a couple of nodes up and
deleting the end bit off that wall. This renders fine too.

Footleg