[Therion] Inkscape import/export plugins

Andrew Atkinson andrew at wotcc.org.uk
Mon Feb 14 17:05:12 CET 2011

I know little about Inkscape, but got the basics.
Using Inkscape  0.47 r22583  Ubuntu 10.04

So loaded up the add in, one question that does not affect its use, but
might be important for update. All my others are in folders, but this
just goes in as is (I did try it in a folder but it did not work.)

It imported my th2 files fine, but with no background image, not sure if
it was meant to. All the ones I tried had been from a PocketTopo import.

First impressions are impressive, all the wall types shown, if anything
a little fine on the detail, sometimes had to zoom in a bit to tell the
difference.

Then tried a new file, did not bother with a background image, just
played, added walls and even different subtype of walls, okay they all
came up the same but when saved and then reloaded they came out fine.

Couple of comments, I try to connect node points together when attaching
a pit to a wall, etc. I know it is not needed in Therion, as clip sorts
it out, but it works for me, but I could not do this on Inkscape.
On a loaded file you cannot change the wall subtype, which is how you
said, however I am not sure if this is the right behaviour. As I could
tell from my new file I could add in different subtypes of wall as new,
so why not give the option of changing them. When opening ask if you
want read only or changeable. Okay it would not change on the display
until next reloaded, but currently I would have to change it in Xtherion
or an editor..

Also on loading it found a few errors

skipped: #point
skipped: #point
warning: empty line
warning: empty line

An indication of which line would be good, or better still an option to
correct.

Maybe lots of this is planned. It is very impressive, I can see it in
the future helping lots of people to be able to use Therion in the
future. It would be good to have an idea where you intend to go with it,
I have lots of questions, things like viewing at different scale
outputs, and seeing the text along a line labels, then there are Areas.

Wonderful stuff it looks like I will be teaching myself Inkscape!

Andrew