[Therion] Length & Depth differ

Andrew Atkinson andrew at wotcc.org.uk
Mon Sep 13 20:07:43 CEST 2010

Further to that on the same survey

The sections length in the Config window are

OldCave:398.47
2008:625.48
2009:1763.52
2010:956.68+171.84

Which gives 3915.99 but the total is given by the compiler as 4156.16

Now a little playing and 2008 is made from a survex 3d file that has
more data in it than is used and actually has 865.63 which is 240.15
more than reported. Which when added to the 3915.99 gives 4156.16.

So the root folder under survey structure seems to use the whole length
of the 3d file the subfolders do not. And this is just a simple part of
my survey, puts into doubt lots of my other length

This leads me to the question, why cannot we just use the survex files
as a centreline file between the centreline-endcentreline why not have

centreline
survexdata

#survexformated data

endsurvexdata

This would allow lots easier management of the data, I would not have to
work out which 3d files to update, which with the above seems to have
become even more important, as I will have to remove any 3d data that is
also in therion. I cannot just use the parts because I then get a cannot
mix local and global co-ordinates error (which I am sure I can get round
but feel in the long term converting my svx files to .th is the way forward)

thanks

Andrew