[Therion] wrong representation in google earth

Andrew Atkinson andrew at wotcc.org.uk
Thu May 21 22:27:29 CEST 2009

I wonder if you are describing the same problem I had. It would appear
that Therion seems to be far more fussy about defining the inside and
outside of the walls when I first started to generate .kml. The pdfs
were fine but it got very confused on the kml. (which is strange as I
would have thought the maths behind it would be the same.) At first I
thought some of the cave was missing, but in the end it was just getting
the inside and outside the wrong way round

My first attempt looked like this, which could be described as you have

http://ubss.org.uk/__transfer/Charterhouse_broken.kml

A bit of checking and making sure the the ticks where on the outside
(into rock) and then for the 'pilers' some of which where massive and
crossed scrap boundaries, use of the line option
-outline in
solved it in the end. Some of the effects did not seem logical, in the
end everything line had to be checked, but eventually I got

http://ubss.org.uk/__transfer/Charterhouse.kml

hope this helps

Andrew