[Therion] Loch segfault on intel X

Wookey wookey at wookware.org
Tue May 5 12:52:48 CEST 2009

+++ Stacho Mudrak [2009-05-05 09:09 +0200]:
> Are you able to run loch from gdb and find out source code line where it fails?

I can do a debug build and try that, yes. Will give it a go. (get to
test whether I got my DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS pathces right :-)

> I have a suspicion, that it may be off-screen rendering stuff that is
> doing problems. It is initialized when loch starts. On some machines
> (especially linux with intel graphic cards),

This is a santa-rosa platform with Intel-everything. I'm using the
'intel' X driver, as opposed to the older 'i810' driver.

it segfaults when I try
> to render off-screen, but may be on some other, it can not even
> initialize. Especially when you are able to run all wx open-gl
> samples.

Can someone tell me how to do the wx tests? I have no idea if DRI is
actually working at all on here. (glxgears works - that's all I know
to try)

I guess if this is a know loch problem then my build may be worth
uploading anyway as oit'll work on other hardware? Can someone try it
and tell me it's not totally bust?

Principal hats:  iEndian - Balloonboard - Toby Churchill - Emdebian
http://wookware.org/