[Therion] make samples qmarks is broken

Wookey wookey at wookware.org
Tue May 5 04:05:42 CEST 2009

+++ Wookey [2009-05-03 11:52 +0100]:
> +++ Martin Budaj [2009-05-02 20:28 +0200]:
> > On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 3:50 AM, Wookey <wookey at wookware.org> wrote:
> > > After some faffing I found that every attempt to run
> > > <path/to/current/build> thconfig in the samples directores produces a
> > > segfault as soon as therion tried to write out a file.
> >
> > There is a quick fix for the bug:
>
> Yep, that works - thanks for quick response. Everything now builds OK,
> although I have some vtk problem when I do it in a pristine chroot. I'll
> work out what's wrong there.

OK. I fixed the issue (vtk is v5.2 in unstable so Makefile needs to
look for /usr/lib/vtk-5.0 or /usr/lib/vtk-5.2). And a number of others
to do with the samples dir build dependiencies (ghostscript, metapost).

So it all build nicely, however loch just segfaults for me.

I have an strace if that helps:
http://wookware.org/files/lochstrace

it seems to die just after openning the /dev/dri/card0 device

any tests I can do to narrow down the problem? (I get the same
building against vtk5.0 and 5.2).

Wookey
--
Principal hats:  iEndian - Balloonboard - Toby Churchill - Emdebian
http://wookware.org/