[Therion] Transparent map-images

Bruce Mutton bruce.mutton at paradise.net.nz
Sun Jun 14 12:03:43 CEST 2009

Hi All

Michael and I are putting some large scanned map-images on our therion pdf
plots, but near the point where they overlap, one always overwrites the
other.  We'd rather they be transparent so one map-image can be seen through
the other.

Will it help if I can figure out how to make the white background of the
original scans transparent?

Does anyone have any tips for making the white area of a jpg or pdf image
transparent?  I have access to Adobe Elements, but I'm not very good with
it, and although there are instructions for doing this I didn't have much
luck comprehending what was required.

Regards