[Therion] Map previews not preserved when indirectly referenced

Stacho Mudrak s.m at group-s.sk
Wed Jul 8 09:49:24 CEST 2009

> Why is this and what do I need to do to see the preview with the second
> syntax?

It is a long time ago. First I did it as you expected, but then I
realized, that inheritance of previews was doing problems. It was much
easier to specify at each level of maps, what should be above and what
should be below. Is it doing a huge problem for you?

> If I remove the # in the second to last line, then I should see an identical
> output (with a preview AND passage) offset 200m, but again I get the passage
> only.

Displaying maps in offset was intended to be used only in very rare
cases. I have never thought of displaying also previews in the offset.
But I can imagine, that in some cases it would be useful.

Probably best solution would be if preview inheritance could be turned
on/off by some switch. Would it solve your problems?

Regards, S.