[Therion] North Points South & Fixed Points Move

Bruce Mutton bruce.mutton at paradise.net.nz
Wed Feb 11 19:56:35 CET 2009

>This is strange - it looks like you are using some strange coordinate
>system. Are you able to isolate this problem to some simple data-set?
>It looks, there are just few fixed points and config file.

>Regards, S.

Stacho
The data set is quite simple, more or less just code I sent you, patched
together in what is becoming my standard dataset structure.  There are only
three fixed points and the surface image.  I can send it to your personal
mail if you want - with or without the image file (about 2MB).

The co-ordinate system is the one I always use with Therion (with a few
exceptions)  - and is the standard one used by outdoor people in New
Zealand.  It has never given any problem until now, and my other data sets
are fine (however I would not notice points plotted slightly incorrectly, as
they all involve loop closures)  Correction; I have one dataset with fixed
points plotted on grid co-ordinates (for the purposes of labelling the
co-ordinates) but these use an arbitrary magnetic north co-ordinate system.
They plot perfectly on the grid to the full zoom available in the pdf file.

The region covered by the problem map is known for it's para-normal
phenomena, so perhaps that might explain it?