[Therion] North Points South & Fixed Points Move

Bruce Mutton bruce.mutton at paradise.net.nz
Tue Feb 10 08:01:36 CET 2009

Wonder if anyone can tell me what is going on here?

I have a set of files that produce a grid, fixed points and a surface image
as per the attached (fairly boring I'm sorry - image removed to keep the
file size down)

The output strangely has the north arrow pointing south (I am using 5.2.6 -
however older datasets seem to process OK so far).

The fixed points and the surface image are aligned almost perfectly, but the
grid appears to be about 10m too far north relative to the fixed points and
surface image.

Perhaps my grid definition is somehow using a different co-ordinate system
or the fixed points are been moved (in error?) by some loop closure routine?
The displacement seems to be the same regardless of the std deviations
following the point definitions.  There are no survey legs, only fixed
points.

The grid is set by;

   grid-size 500 100 100 metres  # coordinate grid

The fixed points are set by;

#btmleft

  centreline

    #Set Co-ordinate System and Entrances

    #------------------------------------

    cs EPSG:27200 #NZ Map Grid 1949

    #Recorded Entrance co-ordinates

    fix btmleft 2483000 8038000  000  0 0 0 #NZMG

   #Identified Survey Stations

   #--------------------------

   station btmleft "btm left cnr of map"

  endcentreline

#topright

  centreline

    #Set Co-ordinate System and Entrances

    #------------------------------------

    cs EPSG:27200 #NZ Map Grid 1949

    #Recorded Entrance co-ordinates

    fix topright 2486000 8042000  000  0 0 0 #NZMG

  #Identified Survey Stations

   station topright "top right cnr of map"

  endcentreline

The surface image is set by;

surface

   cs EPSG:27200 #NZ Map Grid 1949

   bitmap "./Parapara South GIS Plan geo98 contour 10000 A2.jpg" \

     [349 344 2483000 8038000 2050 2602 2486000 8042000]

endsurface