[Therion] map-comment replace, concatinate, order

Bruce Mutton bruce.mutton at paradise.net.nz
Tue Oct 21 22:31:26 CEST 2008

Just a comment on the behaviour of 'map-comment', and perhaps a request to
make it more consistent.

I have, for example, three layout files, one of them contains the following
instructions, and it calls the two layouts, each of which is in it's own
file and contains only a map-comment in it.

  map-comment "Preliminary Release October 2008...\      # line 1

  copy LayoutGreenlinkAnnotation                                   # line 2

  copy LayoutSwissM_Annotation                                    # line 3

Now as I requested some time back, the output pdf contains a concatenation
of the three map comments.

If I change the order of the last two lines, the output order changes.  So
far, so good.

If I place line 1 at the end (or anywhere else), it's contents remain at the
start of the concatenation.

If I have multiple map-comment lines in any one layout, only the last
map-comment is retained. (The original behaviour I believe)

So two issues;

1.	The order of the components is only partially controllable.
2.	The concatenation (as opposed to replacement) modification has only
partly being implemented.

Is it possible to remedy these without messing up the processing a whole lot
of (other peoples) maps?

Taa, Bruce