[Therion] standard deviation and survey grade

Bruce Mutton bruce.mutton at paradise.net.nz
Wed Nov 19 10:00:16 CET 2008

Hi

I'm still experimenting with grade and sd statements..

I can get some very extreme distortions with just a small relative
difference in sd values.  No problem, it's just a function of my mis-close,
and the math.  To my advantage it may help me to decipher the
scope/visibility of grade statements if I can concentrate on the problem
long enough.

I finally took the hint in previous postings that BCRA grades 3 & 5 might be
built into Therion.  I tested it and indeed they are.  Is this documented
anywhere?  Would have saved me quite a bit of experimentation (and
embarrassment).

I'm still looking for a 'best practice' on where to put grade statements and
how to control their scope/visibility.  Perhaps someone could write a brief
note for the Wiki or the Therion Book?