[Therion] how to input shots from the station to the cave wall?

Stacho Mudrak s.m at group-s.sk
Fri Nov 7 12:49:58 CET 2008

Well, this is not yet possible (entering station without name), but it
is in the TODO list. Currently only SPLAY flag to shots is supported.

Especially when using devices like DistoX, then there are a lot of
such measurements. I believe, it will be done soon. Currently, we see
two kinds of such a "splay" shots - one pointing to the walls and the
other pointing to the features (like blocks, huge stalactites etc...).
So probably syntax will be like

1.0   -    2.33 123.3 0.1 # from tape compass clino

for splay shots pointing to the wall and

1.0  .    2.33 123.3 0.1 # from tape compass clino

for splay shots pointing to the features. But it needs to be implemented.

Supporting such a measurements in a 3D volume model generation is
completely different story - I have no idea right now how it could be
implemented :( But when the step 1 will be done, I will start thinking
of it. At least estimating LRUD from such shots when LRUD data are
missing should be relatively easy.

Regards, S.